MagicDraw Publisher 2.4.0 for Rhapsody is here! We’re excited to share these great new features and enhancements with you.
New compatibility with MagicDraw Version 2021x / Rhapsody 9.0.1
The MagicDraw Publisher for Rhapsody is released on a quarterly cadence to include both feature enhancements and support of new versions of the Rhapsody and Cameo tools.
This 2.4.0 version of the Publisher announces support for MagicDraw 2021x version and Rhapsody 9.0.1.
MagicDraw 2021x is the underlying format for the following tools:
- Cameo Systems Modeler
- Cameo Enterprise Architecture
- And MagicDraw
We also know that our users do not deploy the latest version « on the fly ». For this reason, the version is configurable with the default set to the MagicDraw/Cameo version 19 output format.
New SysML Mapping Enhancements
Our goal is always to provide the best SysML mapping, while continuously improving the management of differences between tools.
Customer feedback drives our internal team of experts to define new mapping rules as well as new configurations to account for the differences between the tools, removing this burden from the users.
In this 2.4.0 version, we’ve worked to enhance both default mapping and options for the following areas of interest.
Item and Information flows
This is typical where we are exchanging specifications and documentation with customers to guide the usage and mapping of flows between both tools and associated options in the publisher.
Flows and item flows provide a mechanism for specifying the exchange of information between system elements at a high level of abstraction.
Rhapsody flows and items flows do not have the same constraints as its MagicDraw equivalent (InformationFlow and conveyed Item).
The MagicDraw Publisher for Rhapsody introduces options to configure the mapping of Item when the original conveyed element was not implemented with a Classifier. The option lets the user configure the publisher to create their preferred target type "InformationItem”, “Signal” or “Class”.
Object Model Diagrams
- Rhapsody is very specific in the implementation of Object Model Diagrams that are not supported by Cameo.
- The usage of Classes in Rhapsody object model diagrams is forbidden in MagicDraw.
- The usage of Associations in Rhapsody object model diagrams is forbidden in MagicDraw.
- Transforming Rhapsody Object Model Diagrams as MagicDraw Object Model Diagrams really depends on the intent of the model. Given the differences in concepts between the two tools, we have introduced an option to allow a better transformation of the concepts by forcing the creation of object instances from Rhapsody elements.
Rhapsody Custom Profiles Management:
The publisher transforms Rhapsody custom profiles. We enhance this capability to handle custom diagram stereotypes.
New Configuration Options
With each version, the MagicDraw Publisher for Rhapsody provides our users with more configurable options for display and common layout.
- Configuration properties by diagram or globally create consistency throughout the published model.
- We now offer 90 options organized by diagram and fully documented in our user guide.
We would also like to note that with each new version we are enhancing the tool-specific features.
For example the differences between the implementation of hyperlinks for diagram navigation between the tools.
New Installation and Logging
The publisher version 2.4.0 now comes with a new Windows Installer to auto-detect Rhapsody location and ease the task of installation for our users.
Along with the Detailed and Sanitized logs provided by the publisher, this 2.4.0 version of the publisher also includes the addition of metrics that extract directly from Rhapsody stats on the published model.
These metrics are helpful for validation activities with:
- A clear count of published objects/diagrams per model,
- A clear count of unresolved items in the source.
The Publisher now detects non-loaded or « ghost » references/elements.
- Due to old Rhapsody formats (7.x) migration or just because units are not available at publishing time.
- These are listed in the metrics report as Unresolved and indicate missing information in the source required for publishing the complete model.