Confluence and IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next play unique roles in the engineering enterprise. Project roadmaps, project reviews, action items, and meeting minutes are commonly documented in your Confluence space, while your requirements are managed and stored in IBM ERM DOORS Next.
Both tools are essential and allow Engineers to do their best work every day. But when it comes to sharing, and referencing formal engineering assets in Confluence, this division of information can be disruptive to the engineering flow. It can lead to unproductive meetings, incomplete project reviews, or omission of crucial details for the project teams.
Now, there is a simple, secure, and efficient way to share engineering information in Confluence.
OSLC Connect for Confluence makes it easy for teams to embed dynamic engineering references; enabling the preview of real-time information from IBM DOORS Next on their Confluence page. It provides the ease of use of Confluence, optimizes information sharing with the formality of Engineering assets, and improves cross-team collaboration.
With OSLC Connect for Confluence, you are able to:
- Access to repositories is authorized only.
- Embed IBM DOORS Next information into Confluence.
- Create new IBM DOORS Next artifacts from within Confluence.
- Display requirements as a Link, a Small Preview, or a Large Preview.
- Preview your IBM DOORS Next requirements from within your Confluence page.
- Navigate to IBM DOORS Next from Confluence.
Get started easily with OSLC Connect for Confluence
Here’s how OSLC Connect for Confluence works:
- Go to the OSLC Connect for Confluence page on the Atlassian Marketplace.
- Click on “Try it free” and install the plugin in your Confluence instance.
- Learn more about how to set up OSLC Connect for Confluence here.
New to OSLC? It’s a standard that was built on the powerful concepts of linked data and the web. SodiusWillert’s OSLC Connect products are built using OSLC technology to provide a deep integration of engineering lifecycle applications - making the most complex data integration simple.
Leave us your comment